Looking to make a lifestyle change?
We offer ways to help you or your family manage weight and improve your lifestyle.
About the Cockburn Healthy Lifestyle Program
The Cockburn Healthy Lifestyle program at Cockburn Integrated Health (CIH) aims to help you achieve your long-term health and weight-loss goals. The program is open to people who have concerns about their weight or lifestyle.
You will receive a free (bulk-billed) health assessment by a Nurse Practitioner. We then link you to a range of low-cost services and programs suited to you and provide ongoing support at no charge.
Why are we running this program?
In Cockburn, 70% of people over 15 are overweight or obese. Overweight and obesity can have a serious impact on health. It can lead to heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
What do we offer?
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Diet & nutrition classes
- Physical activity and fitness classes
All programs and/or services are located in the local area.
What will the Nurse Practitioners do?
Nurse Practitioner’s from NursePrac Australia will provide you with clinical support. This includes:
- Initial assessment
- Ongoing reviews
- Working with your GP and specialist health services as needed
The Nurse Practitioner’s will provide their service to you at no charge (Bulk-Billed).
Who should get involved?
- People who are worried about their weight
- Families, children and adults who are looking to make lifestyle changes
- People looking for low-cost services
- Anyone with weight-related concerns where lifestyle improvements have been recommended